HELP URGENT!!?

Animal-lady7

Chirping
Apr 11, 2021
Please help, I have a baby pigeon that belong to one of my flock birds but over the last few days I have noticed a lump just below his beak! I ran out of seed the other day so I improved and gave the crushed hard corn so I was wondering if that caused the swelling but I have fed that to them in the past and I have had no problems! He seems perfectly healthy and energetic, except the lump in his throat, any advice??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 4
I suspect that your squab has a seriously empty crop. Still very young, and should be eating crop milk, and regurgitated seeds from parent.
I understand you are doing your best since lil guy was abandoned by parents. :hugs ... Try feeding with syringe more soft liquid consistency feed.

I just dug up a random pix of one of my squabs about 2 or 3 days old. Note the large bulge ,,, that is his crop. When fed by parent crop milk,,, they seem to double in size every 2 days.
Photo0432.jpg

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Thanks everyone for your replies, I just took him to the vet and it turns out he had a fungul infection in his mouth that spread through his bones and there is no known cure so sadly the little fella got put to rest 🥺🕊

Back
Top Bottom