Help us to find eachother!

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by aggiecatholicmom, Jun 6, 2008.

1. aggiecatholicmom

aggiecatholicmom Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    I love this website, and I was thinking that it might be nice to be able to access some sort of list of others in my general zipcode location that are interested in contacting eachother. After all, where I live, its hard to find other chicken fanciers.
    I would think that given the comraderie of the forums, that many might be interested in this feature.
    Just an idea.
    Thanks!
    -Jennifer

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    You can use the Search function at the top of the page and type in your State. There are usually threads of people who live in each state - that might help.

I agree, I've met some wonderful people who live generally near me through this site.

3. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Do you meen the where am I? Where are you? forum? You can find people from your state

4. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    Great idea. In the were am i? were are you part of the fourum there is a map type thing were you can post were you are. I will get the link to that post.

5. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    Here it is: http://www.frappr.com/byc It shows all the people(That have posted themselves on there) on Byc. IDK if its just my comp but if you click on it and it shows a map of the US then goes to like an ASK.com page saying we wernt able to find page or somthing like that just press back and it should be ok.

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Quote:It wouldn't open for me, no matter what I would do. I'd love to see that.

7. aggiecatholicmom

aggiecatholicmom Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    Thank you! That frapper thing is great! We just need to let more people know about it. For all the people on the forum, not many have put themselves on the map.
    The where am I section is great too. thank you for telling me about it!
    -Jennifer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by