HELP! we got new chickens and we r having fights!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by juelz1380, Apr 3, 2011.

1. juelz1380

juelz1380 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2010
    so i introduced about 11 new chickens to my currents chickens.... we know about the pecking order.... but 2 of my newbies are bleeding... Is there anything i should do>> the 11 chickens were from 2 different places, 3 from 1 and the rest from the other flock... should i not have introduced them so soon? the 2 that r bleeding seem fine... acting normal, eating and drinking... they are not as friendly as my older chickens so they wont let me hold them....HELP!

2. chickengrl

chickengrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Sorry you are going through this. Can you divide your coop with wire so they can see each other for awhile and not attack each other? That can help them get used to each other. Some folks add new chickens at night by placing them in the coop on the roosts so that they are just there when they wake in the morning. I haven't tried this one. Did you quarantine your new birds before adding them to your flock? It's a good idea to keep them separate for 30 days to make sure you don't have an illness coming along with the new birds. Hopefully some of the more experienced members will have more ideas for you. Good luck! It's so hard when they are picking on each other! [​IMG]

3. chickengrl

chickengrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    how are your chickens doing? Did you separate them? Hoping things have calmed down for you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by