Help, Webber's driving me loopy LOL

Cara

Songster
12 Years
Aug 30, 2007
NM
I have a bad feeling one goose is not a good idea. He has his two duck friends, but he has been peeping incessantly all night unless I pick him up. He has warmth, food, and water. Help me please, I want to sleep tonight!

I guess i'll be heading to the feedstore tomorrow to get a Webster
roll.png

He's actually settled down now...for now. They said to pick out a goose and two ducks, and I couldn't really ask if I could have two geese instead. I think he'd be happier with a friend though. I don't need a lap goose, and I guess if he wants his own kind as a baby he will as an adult. Do male geese fight? I don't know whether he's a male or female LOL

I would guess that its like any other poultry: if they are raised together as babies, then they should get along fine. Unless there is only one female and two males, that could become a problem.

I just hope when I get back to the feedstore they still have some left. Finding a single gosling around here would be just about impossible, but I need to wait until payday.

I found a $20 bill I forgot about in my wallet, so went and got Webster
big_smile.png

Goslings seem to like attention and to be held and interacted with more than ducklings. A single gosling will attach itself to you and will want your attention and your attention only.
While this is cute and sweet and endearing, it also can be a pain as it will be like a child all its life. That's fine if you have the time and energy, but a companion goose is a great idea.
The mirror and stuffed animal idea is great, too.

It's surprising how friendly and affectionate they are. They both love to be held and hand fed, and make a different noise when they see me or when I am holding them. Otherwise they almost screech. Tomorrow i'll wear them out by letting them have some swimming time and if the weather is nice they can eat some grass outside.

Back
Top Bottom