Help, Webber's driving me loopy LOL

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Cara, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I have a bad feeling one goose is not a good idea. He has his two duck friends, but he has been peeping incessantly all night unless I pick him up. He has warmth, food, and water. Help me please, I want to sleep tonight!

2. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
  3. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I guess i'll be heading to the feedstore tomorrow to get a Webster [​IMG]

4. countyroad1330

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Probably the best idea, for you and the gosling. [​IMG]

5. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    He's actually settled down now...for now. They said to pick out a goose and two ducks, and I couldn't really ask if I could have two geese instead. I think he'd be happier with a friend though. I don't need a lap goose, and I guess if he wants his own kind as a baby he will as an adult. Do male geese fight? I don't know whether he's a male or female LOL

6. countyroad1330

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    I would guess that its like any other poultry: if they are raised together as babies, then they should get along fine. Unless there is only one female and two males, that could become a problem.

7. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I just hope when I get back to the feedstore they still have some left. Finding a single gosling around here would be just about impossible, but I need to wait until payday.

8. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I found a $20 bill I forgot about in my wallet, so went and got Webster [​IMG]

9. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Goslings seem to like attention and to be held and interacted with more than ducklings. A single gosling will attach itself to you and will want your attention and your attention only.
    While this is cute and sweet and endearing, it also can be a pain as it will be like a child all its life. That's fine if you have the time and energy, but a companion goose is a great idea.
    The mirror and stuffed animal idea is great, too.

10. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    It's surprising how friendly and affectionate they are. They both love to be held and hand fed, and make a different noise when they see me or when I am holding them. Otherwise they almost screech. Tomorrow i'll wear them out by letting them have some swimming time and if the weather is nice they can eat some grass outside.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by