1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help Wet Chickens

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by duckking, Nov 6, 2010.

1. duckking

duckking Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    Hellp My Chickens Were Scared Up Onto The Top Of There Coop By A Bobcat. I Dont Know How Long They Were Up There For But They Were Very Wet. Will They Be Ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    You can dry them off with a towel to help or better yet a blow dryer.
    sharon

3. duckking

Sep 2, 2010
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    will they be ok wet [​IMG] im really scared

4. HennyJenny

HennyJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Bennington, NE
    Quote:that depends on where you are.

seriously, cold wet chickens - love blow dryers

5. wenlo

wenlo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2010
    My chickens got got in a tornado last week and not only got wet, locked out of their coop, but still managed to lay 5 for 5 that day. Yours will be just fine,

6. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    If it is cold where you are I wouldnt want to leave them wet. It is really easy to dry them with a dryer. Especially if they have already gone to roost. I brought mine in the house and blew her dry and she is a new chicken that is not really used to me picking her up.
    sharon

7. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    I have a gas oven. I normally lay out the stiff wet chicks on a cookie sheet and wait about 20 mins or so. Out pops peeping dry chicks. My kids always loved the magic cookie sheet. Im sure you will too.

8. duckking

Sep 2, 2010
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    I brought my chicks in they were very wet and had a little blood on there beaks. i could not find the source of the blood but i dried them off and put them to bed. i hope they will be ok. Thanks every one!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

9. WhetzelMomma

WhetzelMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2009
    Canyonville
    How old are your chickens? If they are fully feathered, they should be fine. My chickens get wet from rain all the time, and haven't gotten sick.

10. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

don't bake your chickens!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by