Help , what am I, girl or boy?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kjwiegand, Mar 6, 2013.

1. kjwiegand

kjwiegand New Egg

Feb 19, 2013
    Sarasota County Florida
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The first 4 pics are at 4 weeks old....
    The first two pics is my SLW, what am I?
    The three pic is the black unknown, what am I Girl or Boy, and what kind?
    The fourth pic is the SLW and the unknown next to each other?
    The fifth pic is all the nuggets at three weeks!!!! The big white one in the back is a cornish rock(they told me it was a white leghorn) the two yellow/gold ones are sex linked red stars, the little one in the front is a cochin, sex unknown, but awlful cute and very sweet.
    Please help, they are just chickens but my kids and I are becoming attached and won't be able to keep an roos(county ordinance).
    The pic below is my cochin bantam, sex unknown and the unknown black(I think it is a Bantam also), also 4 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

2. franzman12

franzman12 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2013
    Napoleon, Ohio
    The all black one (pic3) looks like a black austrlorp , and the top picture looks like a rooster

3. BroosterSpringsteen

BroosterSpringsteen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    NW North Carolina
    Your SLW is a cockerel (sorry!)

The other chick looks like either an Australorp or a Jersey Giant. It's hard for me to tell for sure. Look at the bottoms of the feet...white or pink means Australorp, yellow means Jersey Giant. They're both great breeds. Although the size has me thrown. You say it's the same age as the SLW? As for gender, right now I'd guess pullet, but it's a little early to say for certain.

4. kjwiegand

kjwiegand New Egg

Feb 19, 2013
    Sarasota County Florida
    Man, I am so upset about Monster, my SLW, He is going to be such a pretty bird and really sweet. I think I have a good home for him thought. I will wait till he crows. The little black one is 4 weeks old, they all are, and the bottom of its feet are black, just like its whole leg. I hope that helps. I had to move them today into a bigger box in the garage, they get big quick....Thanks for all your help.

5. BroosterSpringsteen

BroosterSpringsteen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    NW North Carolina
    Aw, sorry about Monster. He's going to be a beautiful roo!

Yeah, I'm totally lost on the black chick. But I'm not as educated on the various breeds as a lot of folks on here, especially when it comes to bantams.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by