help! what am i??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by garngang, May 3, 2009.

1. garngang

garngang Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    North Central Arkansas
    [​IMG]
    i think these may be easter eggers from what i have figured out....

[​IMG]
    these two sort of look like little chipmunks to us. i cant really find any pictures that look like this anywhere...any ideas from the experts here????

[​IMG]
    the bigger yellowish reddish birds were supposed to be buff orpingtons but im not so sure....that is just what the tsc guys told me and im not sure they were really positive on that. so what do you guys think of all these?? any ideas would be appreciated! thanks!

2. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    The chipmunk babies look like brown leghorns, and at least one of them is a male. That's a big comb!

The first pic, those babies have puffy cheeks! Are they bantam or standard? They are probably EE's, looking at their cheeks and legs.

Those yellowy red ones don't look like buff orps, but I don't know what they could be instead. Cute babies.

Hopefully someone else will come along and give you better ideas. Keep us posted as they grow, I wanna see!

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I agree with jossanne , and sorry I can't help with the last two either [​IMG]

4. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    do the yellowy ones with the puffy cheeks have feathered feet? if so they could be faveralles...?

5. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Quote:You can see green legs in the top picture, and I'm not seeing any feathers. That's what made me think EE, besides the puffy cheeks. I thought about faverolles...

6. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Quote:You can see green legs in the top picture, and I'm not seeing any feathers. That's what made me think EE, besides the puffy cheeks. I thought about faverolles...

hmmm, your right, OR are they really green legs? (we'll have to find out from the owner)

those would be some REALLY pretty EE's if they were!!!

7. garngang

garngang Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    North Central Arkansas
    The ones with puffy cheeks do have really green legs. But no feathers on the legs. Those 2 things are what made me really think they were Easter eggers. Oh and yeah all my birds are standards.
    And u think the chipmunk looking ones are brown leghorns huh? Cool...do u know much about them??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by