1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help! what are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jddevack, Oct 10, 2015.

1. jddevack

jddevack New Egg

Oct 10, 2015
    I ordered leghorns, barred rock, buff orpingtons, americauna, Rhode Island red. The hatchery added 10 extras. I think I have identified all except these. What are they? [​IMG]

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    What hatchery? Do they have feathered legs? It looks like they have "puffy" cheeks, do they?

3. jddevack

jddevack New Egg

Oct 10, 2015
    They are from Ideal Poultry. I ordered 4 ameraucana, 2 buff orpingtons, 1 Rhode Island red, a barred rock and a leghorn. They sent me 10 extras for warmth. I think I have identified all of the breeds that I ordered but can't tell what these are.

4. jddevack

jddevack New Egg

Oct 10, 2015
    @chicken girl 01 they do have feathered legs. Also, see my reply above about where they are from.

5. lmboeder

lmboeder Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2015
    Are they smaller than the other ones?

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    They are much to young to make that decision. Try posting when they are 6-8 weeks old.

7. evitachu

evitachu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2015
    Ideal poultry added male leghorns for warmth! They added 8 to mine and I called them to find out.... It's leghorn.
    I ended up giving them away....and I made those people I gave chickens to become backyard chicken lovers too! Yay!!!!

8. Chicken Girl1

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    With all due respect you may have gotten male leghorns but hers/his have feathered feet and leghorns don't. The may be d'Uccles? Puffy cheeks and feathered legs plus there coloring makes me think that. Are they smaller then the other chicks? But as drumstick diva said they are to young to accurately guess what breed/gender they are.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  9. jddevack

jddevack New Egg

Oct 10, 2015
    @evitachuI wad going to call them too but since it's the weekend I thought I'd try here. All the pictures of leghorn chicks look different than them. That's why I questioned myself. Is this what your leghorns looked like?

10. Chicken Girl1

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    This is the picture Ideal hatchery gives for it's frown leghorns
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by