Help, What are they?

cejunes

Songster
9 Years
Jul 14, 2010
Post Falls, ID
I've been told they are mixed chickens, jungle fowl, and modern game fowl. They were just added to my flock. I need to know if they need different care than my chickens or whether I should keep them or not. I also posted in the "What breed is this" under the chicken breed thread. Any help would be great!

63107_mrs.jpg

63107_mr.jpg

definately not moderns, definately not junglefowl. Look to be just a bb red colored chicken of some form. Just treat and feed them as such and they will be fine. No special care required, even if they were moderns or junglefowl

It's kinda hard to tell the size (it looks a bit big next to the cup) but it looks a lot like our buff Japanese Bantam chicks at about eight weeks (ish) but it doesn't have a black tail (but then not all of them do). If it is a JB, then it's also a boy and will probably turn out very pretty. I like the dark ones, rather than the Black Tailed Whites.

Are the legs grey or dark green - I can't tell
cool.png
<- I'm using this to represent Stevie Wonder rather than 'cool'

Dark grey legs could indicate red junglefowl as you have been told. Not a guarantee though.

It'd be nice if you coudl post a follow up in a couple of months.

Quote:
could also indicate phoenix.
color is almost 100% bb red though. I have too many of them of various breeds here right now that are virtually identical in color to think other wise.yes do post follow up pics once fully colored out to see...got me curious now

Back
Top Bottom