Help what are we? white with black. mixed with meats

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jwalters, May 13, 2010.

1. jwalters

jwalters Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2010
    Vinton Iowa
    Hi Im new to BYC thougth someone might be able to help me. My wife bought me some meaties from the farm and fleet store and now that they are getting bigger I have 2 out of 10 that are much smaller than the rest have less of an appetite and have some black coming in on tails and wings they even have black spots on their backs. If anyone could tell me what they think they might be please help. Sorry about the pictures camera batteries were dying so i was in a hurry.

thanks

Jeff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    [​IMG]
    Those are Delaware Roos you will really enjoy them.They are a real good meat bird but also make great roosters for cross breeding for eggs and meat..fantastic laying breed as well.

3. jwalters

jwalters Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2010
    Vinton Iowa
    Thank you very much for leading me in the right direction. I belive I have a roo and hen but i didnt get a good pic of her so i didnt load it up but "she" has a much smaller comb and tail is a bit wider and shorter. Time will only tell what they really are. Thanks again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by