Help! What breed and gender ?

furfinsfeathers

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 26, 2014
Hello!

I am a new member of BYC although both my boyfriend and I have been reading from it since we decided to get chickens. I am curious whether someone can tell me if my girl Dolly is in fact a hen and if she is a White Jersey Giant? We cannot have roosters per our rental agreement but I am so attached to her I have been putting of getting an expert opinion. She was supposed to be one of three pre sexed White Plymouth Rocks we bought but almost immediately determined through appearance and personality that this was not the case. The breeder was selling Jersey Giant pullets as well as the Plymouth Rocks so we just assumed they got mixed in. Looking through threads on this topic I have realized we may be completely wrong in breed and gender. Any feedback is much appreciated!

Thanks! :)

I am new here but I had to look under the breeds forum and compare the Ameracauna with the Araucana and then look at the Americuana and that's right when my eyes started to cross. Lol
Speaking of which, unless she is an Ameracauna, or Ameracauna X maybe?
The Araucana all seem to have different leg coloring than the Ameraucana... Now my tongue just knotted up. Will have to see what the others chime in...
Wish I could tell you right off the bat...the experts on here should help you ascertain her breed.
Beautiful either way...
Look forward to seeing what the veterans post...

This looks just like an americana bantam I had. If she is standard size, she is an americana or Easter Egger.
She is a hen.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU everyone!!! I so appreciate all your info, I am ecstatic to know she is definitely a "she!" I would have felt terribly guilty if I had accidentally named a rooster after Dolly Parton :p I now have somewhere to start in researching about her breed characteristics and particular needs, this has been very helpful. Looking forward to seeing her eggs :)
Once again, thank you everyone!

Back
Top Bottom