HELP What Breed are these 2 hens? ( Pictures)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KieksterChicken, Nov 11, 2013.

1. KieksterChicken

KieksterChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    Florida
    Hello all,
    Friends of mine just traded their 2 roosters for these 2 lovely ladies. They aren't sure what breed they are. I was leaning New Hampshire on the darker one and Red Star/Production Red on the lighter one.But they also have some characteristics I'm not sure occur in either of those 2 breeds.
    [​IMG]<<<Red Star? But has very whitish legs, not yellow. Can red Stars have legs so white?

[​IMG]<< Same girl as above.

[​IMG]<<<New Hampshire?

[​IMG]<<, Same hen as the one directly above. She has black flecking in her neck and not the overall darker shade of coloring on her neck that a New Hampshire has and her legs are really whitish. Then again she has the typical New Hampshire tail so I am confused. [​IMG] What are your thoughts on these 2 hens?

2. TCchickengirl

TCchickengirl Out Of The Brooder

sadly I don't know what type of chickens they are but they are pretty chicken

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Both look like "Production Reds". Production Reds are just crosses of various red chickens, that many hatcheries/feed stores sell. Your second one may have some New Hampshire in her, but she isn't pure.

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    X2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by