Help! What breed chick is this!?

OneWildRoo

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 20, 2014

I ordered a random chick package and I'm not sure what breed this is..could someone give me any clues?

Could you give photos without the red light?

And what hatchery? What package? Typical brown layers?

Right now my guess is RIR, or possibly NH, but that may change as I see the chick in natural lighting and have further background details.

Lady of McCamley

Could you give photos without the red light?

And what hatchery? What package? Typical brown layers?

Right now my guess is RIR, or possibly NH, but that may change as I see the chick in natural lighting and have further background details.

Lady of McCamley
X3

My guess is Rhode Island Red also. I ordered the same package and got two. I pored and pored over the pictures and I'd bet they're RIR. What sex I wouldn't have any idea though. Meyer Hatchery has the best baby chick pictures on their site in my opinion. Hope they're what you wanted! I got a nice assortment from Meyer and it was a good price too.

Here is a couple more different photos..I personally don't think a Rhode Island Red..but I'm not a chicken expert

It was a random adopt me package from meyers hatchery of 15 chicks(majority are all different)

So it could be anything as the "Adopt Me" program is leftovers from the brooders that could be anything late blooming from ducks to turkeys to chickens.

Still hard to see in the photo...the best is to have a full side profile in clear light.

However, I still think it is a RIR chick. They go through a phase that includes white stripping on the wings, which they will grow out of.

You can see what I mean here: http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Reds/BRKRIR.html

Lady of McCamley

Back
Top Bottom