Help! What breed chick is this!?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by OneWildRoo, Jan 18, 2015.

1. OneWildRoo

OneWildRoo Out Of The Brooder

Dec 20, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I ordered a random chick package and I'm not sure what breed this is..could someone give me any clues?

2. pfields

pfields Chillin' With My Peeps

We just got baby Rhode Island Red chicks and they look just like your chick.

3. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    Could you give photos without the red light?

And what hatchery? What package? Typical brown layers?

Right now my guess is RIR, or possibly NH, but that may change as I see the chick in natural lighting and have further background details.

Lady of McCamley

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    X3

6. fanniefarmer

fanniefarmer Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2015
    Salisbury, NC
    My guess is Rhode Island Red also. I ordered the same package and got two. I pored and pored over the pictures and I'd bet they're RIR. What sex I wouldn't have any idea though. Meyer Hatchery has the best baby chick pictures on their site in my opinion. Hope they're what you wanted! I got a nice assortment from Meyer and it was a good price too.

7. OneWildRoo

Dec 20, 2014
    Here is a couple more different photos..I personally don't think a Rhode Island Red..but I'm not a chicken expert [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. OneWildRoo

Dec 20, 2014
    It was a random adopt me package from meyers hatchery of 15 chicks(majority are all different)

9. OneWildRoo

Dec 20, 2014
    Meyers hatchery and I uploaded a better photo of the color and wings

10. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    So it could be anything as the "Adopt Me" program is leftovers from the brooders that could be anything late blooming from ducks to turkeys to chickens.

Still hard to see in the photo...the best is to have a full side profile in clear light.

However, I still think it is a RIR chick. They go through a phase that includes white stripping on the wings, which they will grow out of.

You can see what I mean here: http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Reds/BRKRIR.html

Lady of McCamley

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by