Help! What breed is my hen!

CrazySilkieMama

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2017
Virginia

I recently acquired this little sweet hen. The lady wasn't sure what she was but I know at least a bantam. She's like a buff/gold color and super small. She also has feathered feet! Does anyone know?

Last edited:
Her colour looks like a kind of blue wheaten, and the feathered leg + beard combo makes me think of a D'Uccle but it very well could be a mutt or an Easter Egger, she is adorable and I love her little face <3

Her colour looks like a kind of blue wheaten, and the feathered leg + beard combo makes me think of a D'Uccle but it very well could be a mutt or an Easter Egger, she is adorable and I love her little face <3

Thank you! The lady said she thought she was a buff Cochin but IDK...shes super tiny to me. She has a very docile personality too.

Agree, total wrong body shape for a cochin or even a cochin mix, really. More like a d'uccle or mix. I'm not really familiar with the colors that breed comes in, but the body shape and characteristics are right.

I would say it's a golden necked D'Uccle but its got some BEAUTIFUL blue in her neck and tail! :) Whatever colour she'd be considered she's drop dead gorgeous! If I had to call her a colour I would probably say something along the line of a blue buff columbian :D

I would say it's a golden necked D'Uccle but its got some BEAUTIFUL  blue in her neck and tail! :) Whatever colour she'd be considered she's drop dead gorgeous! If I had to call her a colour I would probably say something along the line of a blue buff columbian :D

Thank you....shes a sweetheart!

Back
Top Bottom