Help what breed/sex are these pullets???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by melochange23, Oct 12, 2013.

1. melochange23

melochange23 New Egg

Oct 12, 2013
    Hi all, i am new to this chicken keeping business, and new this forum, so I hope someone with a little more knowledge can help!!. I recently bought a selection of chicks/pullets from a local breeder. He claims that these are appenzeller chicks, now i'm no expert but i think he was very wrong! I do have another appenzeller pullet and there are no similarities!, and ideas would be helpful!!

2. melochange23

melochange23 New Egg

Oct 12, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    i agree with you, might be a cross but certainly not pure, and the last two pictures look like a cockeral not pullets.just my opinion[​IMG]

4. melochange23

melochange23 New Egg

Oct 12, 2013
    That was kind of my opinion too, the only breed that looks similar is the barnevelder but i couldn't be sure.

I though they were a pair too. The minute I got them home I said they were a pair, I do hate people that con others, it's not fair. I don't mind what I have but it's good to know what you are dealing with as they are all so different, and mixing cockerels is a tricky business!

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by