Help- WHAT BREED????

chickenlovefever

Songster
8 Years
Jul 19, 2011
rti1zc.jpg

I am really interested in what breed this rooster is. Either an Cuckoo Maran, Dominique, Barred Rock, What??? I really need help In finding a breed of chicken to get, And this guy interested me. I have a post somewhere..... Can't remember, about asking you guys on suggestions on what breed of chicken to get. But this chicken seems HUGE-I like big breeds
smile.png

Just as a fyi--if you order barred rocks from a hatchery, chances are your rooster won't be that pretty. That's a very nice looking barred rock rooster.

That looks like a show quality barred Plymouth Rock. I doubt you would find any like that through a hatchery. You would want to find a breeder with show quality or heritage birds to get a lovely bird like that.

I agree with everyone. Show quality Barred Rock roo.

The bad news is that you can't get one from the hatchery. The good news is that BYC is a very good place to meet someone who has show quality roos!

Well thank you for helping everyone, but this isn't my picture. I just saw it an I have been looking for a new breed to start off with,and I have some BRs now, but they came from a hatchery. I love this roo!

Back
Top Bottom