Help what ducks are these? More pics posted

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by dr8goons, Apr 16, 2009.

1. dr8goons

dr8goons Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    VA
    I'am at a total loss of what kind these are, I thought i had two males because they where the same color untill after i got them that night i had strange color eggs in my pen there pinkish brown.and i thought females where a diffrant color. Im pretty sure i just have one female chicken and shes laying white eggs. I dont know what else could be laying in my pen besides the ducks. Do i have weird ducks or is one really a female? I put the eggs in an incubator for a test but i have know idea how long it takes for duck eggs to hatch or the humidity leavels for them help please.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  2. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    I can't see any 'drake feathers' in your picture. Do they both Quack?

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Those look like drakes to me. I can't think of a mallard based breed where the females get a green head. Only boys. Do you have a bigger picture? I can't see the drake feather either, but the photo is small.

4. dr8goons

May 23, 2008
    VA
    they both quake ill have to try and get closer pics of them and not srink them

5. cat123

cat123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    South Ga
    Duck eggs take 28 days, the humidity should be 70% and then on the 26th day up to 90% HOWEVER I incubate my duck eggs with my chicken eggs so i keep the humidity at 60% -I have not had any issues, every duck egg that was fertile did hatch.

6. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Those are drakes. I have never seen a duck colored like a drake. I am not saying it might not be possible, but I have never seen that. I would think it would be extremely rare. As far as breed, they look like they might be snowy mallards.

What other birds do you have in with them? What type of chickens? The most immediate thing that comes to mind is Salmon Faverolles. A lot of times they will lay pinkish-brown eggs as I am sure do other breeds of chickens.

7. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    you could have a he/she hen but I thought they didn't lay eggs?? Sometimes you have a hen but it gets the drake colors and they are sterile.....

8. dr8goons

May 23, 2008
    VA
    there just in with three roosters and one hen there RIR,phoniox either a RIW or leghorn and one we think is a buff. the chicken is still laying a white egg a day. were at a total loss of the other egg there alot smaller then the chicken eggs and there pinkish tanish here are a few more pics of the ducks hopefully theyll show the markings better
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  9. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    In the third and fourth pic I can see the drake feather, but who knows, maybe one is a female with male coloring. I have seen red golden pheasants that have once been female colored, but has changed to the coloring of the male, long tail and all the colors.

10. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    are you sure you have 3 roosters??? Do they all crow? I know on some breeds the hens have big combs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by