1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help!! What I give pain medicine for my geese

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Horsegyrl, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Horsegyrl

Horsegyrl New Egg

Apr 24, 2017
    Fife lake mich
    Questions!! Well sad my pretty white goose and so she hurt!! Her left leg and wing look shake think she pain!! What kind I give her pain medicine and I'm block half fence boy goose because he breed her to much and her head lose feather almost bald, head bleeding I clean it and stuff on it and so what kind medicine do I give her pain?????

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Only thing I know that is safe for poultry and water fowl in general is

Meloxicam
    Metacam Injury, Inflammation, Pain NSAID that can reduce pain & swelling
    [taken from Poultry Pedia] have to get it from Vet.

Can you post some pics of her injuries do you think a pred got hold of her. for her head you can use a saline wash just warm water and salt mixed and sponged over her head and neck that will help with healing and can be used on her injured leg and wing too. Mix 1 teaspoon of salt mixed into a quart of warm water use a soft wash cloth to wash off her injuries. And keep her from your gander while she recoups.

1 person likes this.
  3. Horsegyrl

Horsegyrl New Egg

Apr 24, 2017
    Fife lake mich
    [​IMG][/IMG]

4. Horsegyrl

Horsegyrl New Egg

Apr 24, 2017
    Fife lake mich
    [​IMG]

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Aww Poor girl and this is from 1 gander? Thank goodness my gander must be a gentleman then. Yes give her time to recover I can't see any injury to her leg and wing explain what you are seeing. I see eggs though is she going broody? asking because that will also give her time to recover from rough mating.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  6. Horsegyrl

Horsegyrl New Egg

Apr 24, 2017
    Fife lake mich
    Yes she sitting eggs and so I have another one female goose gray and white and so they share turn time switch sitting eggs!! So my mom think she be fine hopefully fingers crossed heal up her leg and wind !!! And so I Will keep I on her!!!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by