Help! What is she?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TacomaFarms, Dec 10, 2012.

1. TacomaFarms

TacomaFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    This visitor moved into my garage this weekend. Found out where she came from, but, unfortunately, her family moved away and left her with a handful of cornflakes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Jenn1230

Jenn1230 New Egg

Nov 16, 2011
    im thinking maybe an ee mix??

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  3. TacomaFarms

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    I think so too...

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Looks like an Easter Egger to me. I am no expert...have had some EEs in the past, but don't see why she would have to be a mix.

5. TacomaFarms

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    I'm not very familiar with EE's, but I'm thinking that's probably what she is. I was torn between EE & Ameraucana, but she has ear tufts... so I'm leaning more towards EE.

Thank you!

Now... how do I know she's a she???

6. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    she is an ee, because she doesnt fit any of the showable colors to be an amerucana. she has muffs not tuffs these are tuffs, which amerucanas and most ees dont have araucanas have them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Je33ieg

Je33ieg Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2012
    Clemson, SC
    It's hard to say 100% since Easter Eggers are not bred to look like one another, they are only bred for egg quality and color. However, her shape and composure is very similar to the ones that I have. Very pretty color..

8. TacomaFarms

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Oh... I see! I was thinking of her feathers that stick out from about her ears when she is stressed or clearly annoyed by being cooped up. I'll have to get a picture of it. The feathers by her ears stick out and make her face look like she has huge feather bubbles coming out of her head. However, when she is calm and free ranging her feathers stay down. What would this scenario be called?

TY

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    She's an EE!!!

10. tracylo09

tracylo09 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2012
    We don't have the EE mixes in the UK I don't think but she is pretty & has beautiful colouring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by