Help! What is this?? My poor duckling . =(

lori huneke

Chirping
7 Years
May 8, 2012
IMG_4258.JPG

looks like the yolk wasn't fully absorbed before hatching. I read on the topic of the week about assisting hatching that you put the duckling in a paper or plastic cup on a cloth sitting in the egg shell. The duckling will start to move around when it is finished absorbing the yolk. Then you can take him/her out and put him with his siblings. I am not POSITIVE that this is the issue, I am sure that some duck experts will chime in. I suggest you try this and then keep watching to see what others say.

looks like the yolk wasn't fully absorbed before hatching. I read on the topic of the week about assisting hatching that you put the duckling in a paper or plastic cup on a cloth sitting in the egg shell. The duckling will start to move around when it is finished absorbing the yolk. Then you can take him/her out and put him with his siblings. I am not POSITIVE that this is the issue, I am sure that some duck experts will chime in. I suggest you try this and then keep watching to see what others say.
thank you !

Back
Top Bottom