Help! What is wrong and what can I do?

Wendy_Dutchie

In the Brooder
Jul 28, 2020
YouTube video chick

Hello everyone, I had to help this chick hatch as it pipped in the wrong spot and just couldn’t get further. It has been in the egg for quite some time. It had some small bleedings, somehow the membrane didn’t seem to dry up eventhough the yolk was. But is a Tiny fighter and after 2 days it eventually did hatch with a lot of help. Both feet have toes that are very crooked so I gave it some sandels. I also gave it some vitamins solved in water and some electrolytes by letting it sip from a very small 1 ml syringe. It did poop once. It is very loud at times and it is a little fighter but it still stays on it’s but, has a very hard time walking and balancing. Doesn’t eat but does drink. Any ideas what could be wrong and what else I can do for this chick? Thanks!

I'm sorry about your chick.
Is it able to stand up at all?
I think all you can do is try to provide fluids and give some vitamins that contain B2 (Riboflavin).
Sadly some chicks that struggle to hatch/are assisted and have leg issues fail to thrive.

I'm sorry about your chick.
Is it able to stand up at all?
I think all you can do is try to provide fluids and give some vitamins that contain B2 (Riboflavin).
Sadly some chicks that struggle to hatch/are assisted and have leg issues fail to thrive.

Thanks for your reaction Wyorp Rock! It does have quite some strength in those legs as it can push when I lift it and hold it in my hand. But it seems to lack balance somehow. I will keep up what I am doing then and see what time will do.

Back
Top Bottom