HELP!!! What is wrong with my hen!!

Terim12

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 24, 2014
Someone please tell me what is wrong with my hen! This just happened within the past 3-4 days.

I appreciate any help!!

I agree, fowl pox. It's a virus spread by mosquitoes that usually lasts 2-3 weeks. No treatment is required, but make sure that she eats and drinks well. If she has any pox near or around her eyes, Vetericyn eye gel or Terramycin eye ointment can help to prevent eye infections. If she has any yellow patches inside her beak, that can be wet pox which is more serious. Some people will apply some iodine to the pox scabs to help dry them out, but don't disturb the scabs, since it can spread the virus.

I have a 5 month old game hen who has just started having nasil discharge . she seems to feel ok. what should I do? antibotics? if so what and how much. I have some la 200 and batryl

I have a 5 month old game hen who has just started having nasil discharge . she seems to feel ok. what should I do? antibotics? if so what and how much. I have some la 200 and batryl

I would go to the top of this page and start a new thread for help, so it does not confuse everyone. You will get more help that way.

Back
Top Bottom