Help !!!!What kind of bushes do I need to put in my Wood/Mandrians pen

You may find some ornamental grasses in a field or by a drainage ditch that you could transfer to your pen. Any bush will be fine also. For now you could place a few bails of hay/straw they can go behind. If your pen is large enough it will overgrow with weeds that you can leave up for them to go into. Keep it cheap, simple.

giffy
-----------------
GiffsFarm

aviary-const-14.jpg

smile.png
Thanks to evereyone for your great help.This is my kind of fixing,keeping it cheap.I really do appreciate this,because I did not know what to do.Thanks so much,Sandra in NC
thumbsup.gif

I would use a plant that grows vigorously in your soil and climate conditions. Also select a plant that will thrive in acidic type of soil as the bird poop build up will acidify the soil. It would also be a good idea to use a shrub/ bush that will not grow so tall as to reach the top wire. If one wants to have a vine that will grow up and over the pen for lots of shade, a good one would be hops planted on the outside of the pen at least a foot from the outside edge and let it grow at least 2-3 feet before allowing it to grow on the wire so the birds will not eat the growing tip. At the end of the season , remove the spent vines carefully from the wire. Vine type peas or beans will work too.

Back
Top Bottom