Help what should i do??

Nov 2, 2017
So i had a hatching 2 days ago and only 1 hatched. The incubator fried them so i thought i needed to buy a buddy for the only chick. I got 2 serama babies today and brought them to her and she hates them! She is screatching and trying to peck them!! The serama is very small and the broody hen is a bantam cochin. Should i just watch over her and make sure she does not kill them or remove them? The only chick is a gold laced brahama and about the same size as the 6wk old serama. The 5 day old serama is soo tiny like a bean. We named it " butter bean"

Will she accept it eventually or not? Do they warm up or just hate at first sight?

One thing I read, is that you should make a HUGE scene, like kick up shavings with your hands, shout a little (but not in a mean way, just loud), move stuff, knock something over, and then mix the chicks. By the time they calm down, they'll forget about hurting each other and be tired form all of the stress and confusion. but be careful not to EVER hurt a chick while doing this!

I had to integrate a single chick with another one that was about 3 days apart. My littlest one did the same thing so I took a strawberry quart basket (the little plastic basket and kept them separate but so they could see each other. It only took a day or two and then In the pitch black darkness I removed the basket and they got along great after that.

I had to integrate a single chick with another one that was about 3 days apart. My littlest one did the same thing so I took a strawberry quart basket (the little plastic basket and kept them separate but so they could see each other. It only took a day or two and then In the pitch black darkness I removed the basket and they got along great after that.
Its the momma hen who wont accept the 2 new ones. She is quit upset that we gave her 2 more. Will she eventaully accept them? She is screaming and wanting to peck at them. This momma with her single chick till i gave her the 2 new ones.

Attachments

• 20171121_095617.jpg
    20171121_095617.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 6
These are the babies i got today

The tiny one only wieghts .4 of an oz. Super tiny

Attachments

• 20171121_092715.jpg
    20171121_092715.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20171122_132031.jpg
    20171122_132031.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 6
I have never had any luck with Mama bird accepting older chicks like that. Generally if I have a single chick with a mama, I just let them be. With Mama a single chick does fine. Maybe someone else has had luck with this situation and can give you advise.

Back
Top Bottom