Help, What should I do?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TherryChicken, Sep 26, 2012.

1. TherryChicken

TherryChicken Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    What should I do, I have 2 eggs in the incubator on lock down, but the others have till the 2nd of this coming month till they become on lock down. I don't have anymore incubators and when i did the light on eggs with bowl of water, I lost 20 eggs and am left with 24! Should I leave them in there and just continue turning and hope for the best? Or should I try the light method with bowl again? Or should I put them out with my hens? I just don't want to loose anymore eggs! What should I do?

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Hi! I am doing a staggered hatch as well. My silkie hatched last week and I just candled the others which r 7 days behind..... I made a complete guide and towards the bottom I have some links n pics of staggard hatches n suggestions.... I know this is a few days old! sorry! : ( https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

3. TherryChicken

TherryChicken Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    NO It's ok, it may be to late for me to do anything about these two, BUT it'll be very helpful for if I have this situation again. Thanks!

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by