Help? What should I expect with CM and EE crosses?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bethanyrae, Aug 15, 2010.

1. bethanyrae

bethanyrae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    mid-Michigan
    Did I read somewhere that Cuckoo Marans roos will always produce barred offspring? I can't find my source, so am not sure now.

Does anyone have any advice concerning what the chicks/chickens will look like from my Cuckoo Marans roo and my EE roo crosses?
    I'd like to be able to identify the chicks' lineage as they hatch....[​IMG]

These two roos run with:

(4 eggs from) Cuckoo marans and Barnevelders, whose eggs are indistinguishable this time of year.

(3 blue eggs from) EE

(2 eggs, a beige and a tan from) a White Plymouth Rock? EE? Australorp/EE cross?

I'm hoping someone out out there will have some experience/knowledge with these, as I have none with crosses. I'm kind of excited about what I might get....[​IMG]
    I'm going to try to leg band them according to the color of their egg as they hatch. It might be a little tricky, as they're a day's collection put under a broody. ha

Thanks,
    bethanyrae

2. bethanyrae

bethanyrae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    mid-Michigan
    oh...I almost forgot. One of those last two eggs might be from a Buff Orpington.

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Cuckoos should have about the same barring genetics as other Barred breeds, barred with extended black I believe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by