Help!! What wrong with her!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Queenie06, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Queenie06

Queenie06 New Egg

Jul 22, 2010
    Hi, my one of my pullets is not eating, or i have not see her eat. She seen depressed. She drinks for sure. But she is very sluggish, and always lieing down and when she is awake and up she barley walk and when she does she is very trippy. Kinda like she drunk or something. She holds her wings out to the side a little to walk better. She refuses to leave the coop! So what wrong with her and what can i do to help her?

2. Slater1995

Slater1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Do you have a pic of her?

What does her poop look like, is there any blood?

How old is she?

What is your weather like? (Hot, wet, humid?)

What does her Crop feel like?

Thanks,
    Teresa

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  3. Queenie06

Queenie06 New Egg

Jul 22, 2010
    Quote:Do you have a pic of her?*No, sorry

What does her poop look like, is there any blood? *Alot of it is stuck to her tail feathers, but not blood that i can see.

How old is she? *10-12 weeks

What is your weather like? (Hot, wet, humid?)*All 3 of lately we have been getting a lot of rain.

What does her Crop feel like? *Not much in it... if any thing.

Thanks,
    Teresa

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  4. Slater1995

Slater1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Do you have a pic of her?*No, sorry

What does her poop look like, is there any blood? *Alot of it is stuck to her tail feathers, but not blood that i can see.

How old is she? *10-12 weeks

What is your weather like? (Hot, wet, humid?)*All 3 of lately we have been getting a lot of rain.

What does her Crop feel like? *Not much in it... if any thing.

Thanks,
    Teresa

Does she sit around all fluffed up and seperate herself from the other birds?

How long has she been acting like this?

Have you had any other sick birds?

What color is her comb and waddles?

You should bring her inside and check her all over for any injuries, and any bugs. Keep her warm and as quiet as possible.

The first thing I would do while we try to figure out what is wrong with her is try to get some food and vitamins in her. If she is not eating her chicken feed try some plain yoguart or some scrambled eggs. If she still won't eat, try some wet cat food.

If you don't have any electrolytes that you can add to her water, us can use poweraid or gatoraide. Don't use red or pink.

It you don't have any of the above, try a little sugar in the water.

need to get her some energy so that she will want to eat.

I am at work and on my break, so I can't stay on the webpage, so please email me if no one else has any suggestions and I will keep in touch through email.

[email protected]

Thanks,
    Teresa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by