HELP! What's wrong with my 2 and 1/2 week old baby bunnie?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by SternRose, Aug 19, 2014.

1. SternRose

SternRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2014
    Training my dogs
    My Coop
    She's been like this for a week now, she's always got stuff stuck to her and she's swollen and beet red! What's wrong how do I help her? How'd this happen?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mightymax

mightymax Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2013
    Central Coast, CA
    I'm not positive, but I think she might have a UTI (urinary tract infection). You'll need to take her to a Vet. in order to confirm that though. They'll take a urine sample and then do a culture and sensitivity test on it so they can see what bacteria it is so they can prescribe the proper medication, usually an antibiotic. That's what I think it is anyway. Good Luck.[​IMG]

3. SternRose

Mar 23, 2014
    Training my dogs
    My Coop
    Thanks I was kinda thinking it is a E. Coli but I'm hope ing your right. Lol. She's such a sweety pie. But she's half the size of her 2 older heathy brother and sister. :( witch is a side effect of E. Colli, but fingers crossed its not cuz then she has less than a week to live:( so VET here I come.

4. Mickey Lou 04

Mickey Lou 04 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2013
    what did that end up being?

5. SternRose

Mar 23, 2014
    Training my dogs
    My Coop
    Allergic relation to baby wipes. She's better now but has a scar across her face cuz a mouse attacked her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by