Help! whats wrong with my duck?!?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Roseandspice, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Roseandspice

Roseandspice Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2013
    Glenn rose arkansas
    Hey everyone, any input will be great!! My Male Pekin , Alfac is acting really weird, he is keeping his head drawn back against him (still holding in up) and shaking it every now and then, he isnt his normal noisy self.... he was fine yesterday!!! But now he is staying real dirty and keeping away from his females and staying fluffed up..... any idea on whats wrong?? :(

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    He may have something stuck in his mouth or throat.

How is he this morning?

Head shaking generally means trying to get something out of the mouth or throat.

3. Roseandspice

Oct 20, 2013
    Glenn rose arkansas
    Sorry i could not reply sooner My phone crashed , i couldnt find out what was wrong with him.. he passed away, but now my other duck , LJ is doing it, they are really dorty and look like they have oil on them . They have a fresh water creek... i dont knkw.whats going on!! :(

4. Roseandspice

Oct 20, 2013
    Glenn rose arkansas
    Should i bath her? Or not? I bathed aflac the pekin but he passed so i dont know if i messed up trying to wash that oil and mudd off... i didnt use soap, and the water was warm , i blow dried him even ... he didnt stress over it he seemed to enjoy it..

5. Amiga

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Keep them out of the creek. I think they are getting into something toxic.

6. Amiga

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
  7. Roseandspice

Oct 20, 2013
    Glenn rose arkansas
    Thank u so much!! I did and lil jane, aka Lj is much better!!! I wish i would have known before i lost alfac .. i am keepin them away from creek , i will get a little play pool for them thank u !

8. Amiga

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG] Sometimes it is difficult, when we cannot figure things out right away. But we do learn, or at least, we can learn. All of us struggle from time to time with this.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by