HELP!! Where can I buy organic feed in the Tampa, area?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by rstampa, Sep 12, 2009.

1. rstampa

rstampa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Tampa, Florida
    This place is my last resort! I've been Googling for days and hours end to find organic chicken feed somewhere in the Tampa Bay area. It seems that no one carries it around here or thur-out the state. All I get is yellow page local listings and other such places. And then all I get is a list of Feed Stores. Which they have nothing to do with organic feed.
    Please help!! [​IMG]
    Desperate in Tampa Florida/

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Any way you can drive to Gainesville once every 6-8 weeks and buy a lot at one time? Let them know, so they can order extra for you?

3. rstampa

rstampa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Tampa, Florida
    Quote:Thanks for you suggestion but thats out of the question. I don't have a lot of money to buy all that feed and I don't know if you ever had to drive to Gainsville but I don't think its worth it. I'll just have to settle for the high quality feed I get from the local feed store.

4. Headchicken

Headchicken New Egg

Jul 14, 2009
    We have a co-op for Countryside Naturals that orders every 2 months or so. We pick up over near Dover. I'm at work right now and don't have the coordinators email, but PM me and I'll get it to you.

5. teresasmalz

teresasmalz New Egg

Jun 25, 2011
    Hi there,

I am fairly new to chicken raising and have been ordering chick feed online through Countryside Organics 1 bag at a time. I started out with 5 chickens, but now have 11. They are growing and so are their appetites! Did you ever find or join a co-op here in Tampa? Please send any info...I would LOVE to get in on the next order. I will need several bags, and the shipping cost is as much as the feed! Thank you so much, Teresa Smalczewski

6. christyg

christyg Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2012
    City of Tampa, Florida
    Hi, do you have any information regarding organic feed in the Tampa Bay area? Is there a group ordering in bulk?

7. K9Flier

K9Flier Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2012
    Is there a place in Gainesville that sells organic chicken food? I live in Gainesville.

8. sjpc003

sjpc003 New Egg

Jun 10, 2012
    I contacted someone in Dover recently and then lost the contact information. There is a place in Gainesville that sells organic chicken feed. Is there a group that would like to order that I could join?

9. AmericaunaMama

AmericaunaMama Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    I know this post is a few years old, but if your still keeping chickens and are looking for Countryside Organic feed I am a new Tampa distributor. You can private message me for more information if interested! Thanks!

10. HoneyBeeMel

HoneyBeeMel Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    I just wanted to comment on AmericaunaMama's post. We met her today (after seeing this post) and were able to get some excellent organic feed for a great price. So if you are in or around Tampa Bay, it's totally worth giving her a call!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by