1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP! where did my air cell go what do I do? (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MamaMarcy, Nov 14, 2011.

1. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Last night all 10 of my Indian Runners had beautiful air cells. 2 of them look slightly less developed (just kind sloshier w/ less movement). 2 others are cracked and patched with elmers glue, and oddly both of them have looked SPECTACULAR...right at development expected with lots of movement. I've herd dof human placenta previa, but duckling previa??

So, I just put them into lockdown and cndled one last time. My less-cracked & patched egg suddenly appears to have no air cell with veins extending the entire shell! WTH?? Duckling is very active. I set it round end slightly up hoping it helps somehow?

Any sggestions? Hatch day should be THURSDAY, and eggs are wiggling.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  2. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:It may have pipped into the aircell to occupy that space. Don't fret! Sit on your hands.

3. MamaMarcy

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    It doesn't look like it pipped into the air cell...it literally looks like the inner membrane migrated to encompass the entire inner egg. As in the space that waas air cell is now filled with veins.

These are my first ducks, and I'm not sure whaat to expect for noises. Do they peep like poults and chicks? I keep kinda thinking I hear squeeks, but there's so much noise in our house it's hard to tell for sure. [​IMG]

4. MamaMarcy

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Kids are in bed....I for sure hear ducks...[​IMG]

5. MamaMarcy

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Well, guess which egg just pipped? [​IMG]

6. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Quote:[​IMG]
    Keep us posted and don't forget the pictures!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by