HELP!!! White peahen is a peacock...

C&Rman

Songster
8 Years
Feb 26, 2011
Nevada
My Midnight white-eye is dancing and fluffing out but my white peahen is too!!! She/he is fluffing out and shaking his wings out at the other male, then when the white-eye comes at him/her she freaks out and hops on both feet. Is this normal or do I have a 2 peacocks

My peahens.. both put up their beauty and shake their thing.. and yes.. attack after the males.. when not interested

soooooooooooooo maybe your girl.. is still a girl..
but I did notice something in your photos.. your white peahen.. has a much longer tail then my girl white peahen.. cause when I saw yours.. I thought ohhhhhhhhhh what a stunning female..

xoxoxo

I know thats what worried me because when I opened the box her tail looked flat like a line so I thought she just got a mangy tail. But now I question it because it looks like it has been cut off with siccors or something.
Does your peahen shake their wings and tail feathers when they are fluffed out? My male and my white one both do the exact same thing. Ill watch them and her tail goes up just like his does and then she/he does the samething the male does. It is almost like looking in a mirror when they do it but one white and one colorful haha!!!

Peahens can do everything the peacocks do- the tail shaking/vibrating, wing fluttering, 'charging' at something to frighten it off, etc. The only thing I never saw a peahen do is the 'mating yell' and the mating rush(it's different from 'you go away!' charge). If the white is more than a year old, check the spurs. Normally, India males have a large, broad blunt spur showing up by year of age. Peahens can grow spurs, usually they are skinny and look sharper.

At one Alto had spurs, they were maybe half an inch and they were not very pointed, but they have grown in fairly fast and now that he is two they are about as big as my four year old's spurs, but not as pointed.
wink.png
I think peahen's spurs will grow a lot slower. My peahens have small little bumps for spurs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom