HELP! Will it hatch?!

Haveandtohold

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 5, 2013
Boulder,CO
I'm hatching quail eggs for the first time and yesterday I foolishly decided to take an egg out to examine a little and then I dropped it.
he.gif
It held together ok but was seriously cracked all over the side it fell on. It was day 6 for that egg and I wasn't sure what to do so I put it back in the incubator till I decided. This morning I went to work covering the cracks in pink nail polish to seal it and to help mark which one had the crack. Here's a photo of it:

It might be hard to see but anything that looks like a crack in the photo probably is!

So I throw myself on the mercy of your expertise friends! Should I pull this egg or give it a go? I'll be happy enough if none of them hatch but if they're all half deformed, sickly little things and I have no one else to blame but myself that might be too much for my heart to handle!
sad.png

I tried candle wax to seal a cracked egg, but it didn't make it. I think as a precaution you're supposed to put that one separate in case of bacteria, I think some people put it in a cup. It's up to you if you want to keep it in there, some people don't risk it; bacteria can destroy all of the other eggs. Good luck with your eggs either way.
smile.png

Aw, yeah somehow I suspected it wasn't really worth it since it's so early. I'd never risk it with a chicken egg that's only to day 6 but that's almost halfway for a quail egg so it was a tough call.

Last edited:
The song from Annie "Hard Knock Life" has been stuck in my head since I dropped this egg. I figured if I can't share how corny I am here and be accepted there's no hope for me in this world.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom