Help, will these boys ever get along (small flock)?

Update: I am happy to report that all five are getting along. I think the earlier advice that the pecking order just needed to be established was right. I was hoping to rehome Cheeze to a certain girl but she was out of town for ten days. In the meantime, things got better. After my drake Salsa recovered from his eye injury he took on the other drake, Cheeze, again and won. There has been peace ever since. Cheeze still has his girl, Kwackers, and the other two stick mostly with Salsa but they all run around together as a flock of five. Salsa is a much kinder, gentler boss. He lets Cheeze hang around with the group and only gently pokes him if he gets to close to his girls. Hormones in the spring may turn thing back ugly, but I am hoping not. Both of the young girls started laying in the last two weeks and it has been warm (60s and 70s) so it seems a little like spring already. Fingers crossed!
fl.gif

Update: I am happy to report that all five are getting along. I think the earlier advice that the pecking order just needed to be established was right. I was hoping to rehome Cheeze to a certain girl but she was out of town for ten days. In the meantime, things got better. After my drake Salsa recovered from his eye injury he took on the other drake, Cheeze, again and won. There has been peace ever since. Cheeze still has his girl, Kwackers, and the other two stick mostly with Salsa but they all run around together as a flock of five. Salsa is a much kinder, gentler boss. He lets Cheeze hang around with the group and only gently pokes him if he gets to close to his girls. Hormones in the spring may turn thing back ugly, but I am hoping not. Both of the young girls started laying in the last two weeks and it has been warm (60s and 70s) so it seems a little like spring already. Fingers crossed!
fl.gif
That's wonderful! I'm glad you get to keep both of them.
big_smile.png
Hopefully they stay this way!

Back
Top Bottom