HELP Wing issue

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Nickeyo, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Nickeyo

Nickeyo Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok, my welsummer hates my wyandotte bantam, she constantly jumps on her flapping and pecking her. my welsummer wellie jumped on her and wacked her wing fairly har on a wheel barrow. all the wing feathers went, i cant really describe it, instead of the wing feathers sitting ontop of each other like normal, they on top of each other the wrong way like, the pirmaries were twisted on top of the secondries instead of the other way round. i picked her up and put her feathers wright, then i opend her wing and when i let go instaed of folding in nicely her feathers went all wierd again. now when i open he wing, on the joint, when sh opens her wing if you feel it you can feel something click, also instead of her feathers being spaced out nicely there is a gap between two feathers, she is using her wing fine, carrying it normally but sometimes a little lower than the other and im just worried.

Please help me!!!!!!

2. Frizzle13

Frizzle13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    probs just a bit soar and the feathers will just be a bit damaged. chickens are not that delicate nick.

3. Nickeyo

Nickeyo Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok well her wing is still clicking but other than that shes fine

4. Frizzle13

Frizzle13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    nick my silkie trod his first hen the other day it was titchy and then i had to clan up his wound with some salt water

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by