HELP with a BAKING CONTEST! Click link, sign up Need 120 MORE people

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by vfem, Feb 4, 2009.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I'm sure some of you may even be members... and I'm sure some of you know I bake!

Well, winning this contest means a lot to me! To have a kitchenaid mixer would make my life and my job baking soooooooooooooo much easier!

So here's whats going on, I get raffle points for invited new members to bakespace.com (but I physically have to send an invite by email so they register I invited you through there site to get credit) For each new person to join I get 3 raffle points and move up the list. The person with the most new members invited wins the mixer!

Simple enough.

So all I'm asking, is anyone who wants to join the site or help out let me know.

Just PM me your email address so I can send you an invite to the site. You don't have to post your email publiclly on this thread. Just Pm me with it.

As for the site, I absolutely love it! We get to share recipes with many members there and I love using it for quick references for last minute dinners and things.

Plus they have a different contest with give aways each month... which I've never won, this is the first one I'm head over heels to get!

You can also see I'm pretty high up on the list of top people going for the mixer. I've put MANY hours into this, so it means a lot.

Plus, I LOVE YOU GUYS AND I KNOW YOU'LL ALL HELP A FELLOW CHICKEN OBSESSED MEMBER OUT! [​IMG]

By the way THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! [​IMG]

GUESS WHAT, You don't need to send me your email anymore!!!!

Just click on the bottom link and sign up and I get credit!!!!!! So you don't have to worry about sharing your emails with me if you don't want to:

http://www.bakespace.com/loginjoin/invite/23641

Thanks guys!!!!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  2. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Thanks everyone who sent some email addresses... its appreciated a lot. By the way, once you've joined you can enter a personal recipe and be entered to win as well [​IMG]

Right now I'm almost 87 invites short of just catching up with the girl in the lead! I have until the end of Febuarary to win the kitchenaid mixer. So anyone can post here for luck, or send me an email address by PM.

While I'm thinking of it... they are taking recipes for points, I've typed out and uploaded 70 recipes yesterday (my fingers hurt) but if you want to post a recipe here I can share there go ahead and post it! You don't have to gimme your email and join if you don't want to.

Its really a great site to join though, coming from a baker.... you upload and store your recipes (they lay them out very nicely to print up again) and then you can trade and share with others on the site. Its really useful... plus, they don't email me constant jabber so it leaves my inbox alone! [​IMG]

Come on everyone! I know with the help of my chicken peeps... I'll be faster at baking in no time!!!!

P.S. - Anyone interested I am BiscottiQueen over there so you can check the tally in the contest. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    so sending my email addy right now! i too am wanting a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, so i feel your pain!
    best wishes for an awesome mixer!

4. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    Just sent you a pm I will help as well ! i love to bake !!!

5. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    So, do I just go to the website from your invite and join up? I wanna make sure I do it the right way so you get the credit.

6. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Yep... just go right over and join up. The site registers that I typed in the email address you guys gave, and when you actually join with that email address it just kinda knows I sent an invite to that address and it gives me credit.

I was up until midnight trying to win yesterday's mixer (hand mixer... back up on the kitchenaid standing mixer! LOL) and I didn't win even though I was in second place all night with the most uploaded recipes.

Invites are quicker to do them typing recipes to day, and my fingers (cramped at they are) thank you!

You know, this all stemmed from the fact I cracked my tailbone falling down the stairs on Saturday morning! I needed to find something to do since I'm having issues sitting, standing and really playing with my daughter. (Can't get up off the floor) So this is keeping me busy...

I really am grateful for the help. A woman deserves an appliance!!!! LOL

7. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    ok, done! Good Luck!

8. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I done it as well. I hope you win !!

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Just PMed you, I really hope you can win the KitchenAid- I won one many years ago, and love it!

GOOD LUCK! [​IMG]

10. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Thanks everyone... I'm slowly creeping up there. I only need 74 more invites to tie for first! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by