HELP with a printer...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wildsky, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    So I got a new printer today, however I can't get it connected to my laptop.

Its a wireless HP C6300, I can print just FINE from the desktop computer, but it will NOT connect with my laptop and I don't know why.

Do I need to connect the Printer to the Router with like a phone cable or something???? Right now the printer is just plugged into the wall, and it works like that with the desktop computer.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE DUMB. Did you install the software?

3. debilorrah

I have your answer: it needs to be connected to the router - it can be operated wirelessly, but you need to have the IP #'s, sub-nets and gateway. My fiance is an IT guy so that's what he told me.

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I tried connecting with the IP address, and that didn't work.

We were installing software and everything at the same time, when it got to the end it wanted to connect to the printer and it couldn't - right now I have the software on my computer - but it won't connect. stupid thing.

I bet we need another cable. and we don't have one - Are phone cables the same?

Thanks debi - I'm going to have NO hair when this is all done.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  5. debilorrah

Send me a PM so I remember and I will get Ken online tonight and see if he can figure it out for you. Smart guy....

No phone cables aren't the same - you need an ethernet cable.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by