Help with a rooster

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jamespet, Sep 12, 2010.

1. jamespet

jamespet Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2010
    Youngsville,NC
    Hi, im new here and i must say this is a wonderful site for a novice like me. I have a rooster im trying to figure out what breed he is any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks James
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    He looks like a very handsome easter egger roo.

3. Kenshan1

Kenshan1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Quote:I am still new & learned but I thought EE had to have greenish dark legs?

Shannon

4. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Quote:I am still new & learned but I thought EE had to have greenish dark legs?

Shannon

They can have all different kinds of legs, they are really a crossbreed, they can have single combs or pea combs. I say ee because yours has the fluffy cheeks. Looks very much like what you can expect to get from hatcheries as ameraucanas.

5. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Quote:X2

6. jamespet

jamespet Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2010
    Youngsville,NC
    Thanks for the reply. could he be an ameraucana or is he definatly a EE? i got him in a group of 17 free peeps that turned out to have 8 roos in it.[​IMG] He was so good looking i decided to keep him.

7. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    No he's not an Ameraucana..he doesn't come close to any of the accepted colors..www.ameraucana.org if you don't have pure Ameraucana's and only want colored eggs he will work just fine for you(provided he got the green genes) I would personally try and find a few EE ladies to have with him.
    In the pics it looks like he has green legs as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by