1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help with an ad on CL

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Loriemarler, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Loriemarler

Loriemarler Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Blanchard OK
    I found a Craigslist posting for a hen that is a self blue d'uccle crossed with a bearded d'uccle(I think they ment a mille fleur) and was thinking of getting her to round out a trio. i have a mille fleur hen and what seems to be a blue mille fleur rooster. What do you guys think? Here is the listing I don't know if you can go and check out the pics. I would appreciate any help. I will be driving to Texas next weekend and thought if it was a good idea I would pick up the hen on the way back. The ad is on the Dallas Tx Craigslist

Bantam D'uccle Hen Self Blue cross - 5
    Email: [email protected]
    Date: 2014-02-28 8:44am

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] craigslist - Map data [​IMG] OpenStreetMap
    (google map) (yahoo map)
    Bantam hen for sale right at one yr old believe she started laying again with longer light starting was laying late summer and acting broodie as well she is a cross between a self blue D'Uccle and a bearded D'Uccle
    Need to cut back my numbers so offering her for sale - nothing wrong with her.

There's the ad--I'd say for $5, why not? She's a mix, but your rooster and hen are already different, so their chicks would be mixed. Still have cute babies.

3. Loriemarler

Loriemarler Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Blanchard OK
    Wow donrae you are awesome!! Thanks for posting that for me.

I think I will get her. I have mille fleur chicks coming to my feedstore so I will have those laying in 6-8 months. But having another hen for my rooster now will be good especially if she goes broody and hatches eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by