1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help with another Silkie!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by silkmaster, Mar 27, 2016.

1. silkmaster

silkmaster Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2016
    Colorado
    These are the best photos I could get! The breeder said she was pretty sure it's a hen but with silkies you can't be 100%! What do you all think? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There is no comb whatsoever and some of the other babies already had streamers and combs.

2. Blondey6224

Blondey6224 Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2015
    Seems to be a hen to me, if you compare her to the others and her comb and streamers are not as noticeable, there's a good chance she's a hen!

3. silkmaster

silkmaster Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2016
    Colorado
    Yes! I hope so blondey and thanks. I can't have a roo and were so attached to this littke one I'd hate to have it taken away! I have one more silkie I'm almost positive is a hen. When we introduced the two to our other birds this one in the pictures attacked my hens, so it made me think roo because I thought it was kinda like a roo protecting his hen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by