1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help with Aureomycin dosage???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ChrystalGail, Jun 20, 2007.

1. ChrystalGail

ChrystalGail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Hi,

I am treating my flock with Aureomycin (6.4 oz package) for an outbreak of colds (lots of sneezing, runny noses and some with runny eyes). My question is, how much of the water soluable powder do I put per gallon of water? The package is confusing me! Which isn't hard to do lately [​IMG] It only talks about how much to use the whole package for. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chrystal in AZ

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

What does the package say? How much water...and what is the size of the package. This might help someone calculate it for you.

3. ChrystalGail

Jun 13, 2007
    Casa Grande, AZ
    It's a 6.4 oz package and it calls for 4-8 packages for 100 gallons. So, how much do I give them? I calculated 1 teaspoon, but I'm not for sure that is right. Also, this is for 3 week old chicks.

Thanks,
    Chrystal

4. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

not sure if I've got this right. Going at the high end here.

6.4 oz packet X 8 per 100=32oz of Aureomycin

32 oz/100gal= .32 oz per gallon

5. ChrystalGail

Jun 13, 2007
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Hey, thanks! Every once in a while I can pull things off. I'm glad to hear that I have been dosing them correctly.

Thanks for your help!

Chrystal

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by