Help with blood ring

Erinnlyn

Songster
Aug 21, 2022
Mid-Missouri
*Edited to add my pictures, even though I could not get my camera to do any better than this.*
Since this is my very first time with the incubation process, I think I need some help deciding. I think I may have a couple of eggs in the incubator that have stopped developing. On day 8, I noticed no movement and I THOUGHT I saw a very thin blood ring and a few blood spots further away. I do see the embryo and it matches the size for this stage. I stopped seeing the typical spider web blood vessels in these 2 eggs. This evening will be day 10. I'm still not seeing movement like in the others. So far I haven't been able to make myself take them out. I've heard anything from you should take them out right away for fear of the egg exploding to people only candle once the whole time so they may not even know. If these have died, I have 4 remaining eggs. I was planning on posting pictures, but I just can't get the picture to show what I am seeing. Basically, how long can they stay in the incubator without fear of exploding so I can check them again until I'm 100% sure they are not viable. I'm sure this would be a no-brainer for the experienced hatchers. I just didn't expect incubating eggs to be so emotional for me, wow! Lol
Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_20220905_085358748[1].jpg
    IMG_20220905_085358748[1].jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20220905_085351691[1].jpg
    IMG_20220905_085351691[1].jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Can you post pics of the candling of these eggs? Maybe someone can tell you if these are bad

*Edited to add my pictures, even though I could not get my camera to do any better than this.*
Since this is my very first time with the incubation process, I think I need some help deciding. I think I may have a couple of eggs in the incubator that have stopped developing. On day 8, I noticed no movement and I THOUGHT I saw a very thin blood ring and a few blood spots further away. I do see the embryo and it matches the size for this stage. I stopped seeing the typical spider web blood vessels in these 2 eggs. This evening will be day 10. I'm still not seeing movement like in the others. So far I haven't been able to make myself take them out. I've heard anything from you should take them out right away for fear of the egg exploding to people only candle once the whole time so they may not even know. If these have died, I have 4 remaining eggs. I was planning on posting pictures, but I just can't get the picture to show what I am seeing. Basically, how long can they stay in the incubator without fear of exploding so I can check them again until I'm 100% sure they are not viable. I'm sure this would be a no-brainer for the experienced hatchers. I just didn't expect incubating eggs to be so emotional for me, wow! Lol
Thanks!!
Is the chick moving? Is there blood vessels that apears heathly? If so leave it. It looks fine to me.

Is the chick moving? Is there blood vessels that apears heathly? If so leave it. It looks fine to me.
No, that was in my post where I don't see any movement and I don't see the blood vessels anymore like in the others. I did decide to leave it in the incubator, and I'm going to check again in a few days. I was mainly just worried about the egg exploding because of decomposition. You hear so many different stories...being a first timer, I was super torn on what to do. If the embryo hasn't grown at all to match the same size as the others and if the egg looks much worse, I will probably take it out at day 14. I found another egg with a more pronounced blood ring yesterday. If the remaining eggs make it, that will put me at 50%.

No, that was in my post where I don't see any movement and I don't see the blood vessels anymore like in the others. I did decide to leave it in the incubator, and I'm going to check again in a few days. I was mainly just worried about the egg exploding because of decomposition. You hear so many different stories...being a first timer, I was super torn on what to do. If the embryo hasn't grown at all to match the same size as the others and if the egg looks much worse, I will probably take it out at day 14. I found another egg with a more pronounced blood ring yesterday. If the remaining eggs make it, that will put me at 50%.
If you dont see movment, or blood vessels. Remove it. It is dead.

And sorry I missed it.

Back
Top Bottom