Help with breed and gender.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bethstarcher, Jul 5, 2016.

1. bethstarcher

bethstarcher Just Hatched

Jul 5, 2016
    I'm not sure if I have all these right, so I thought I'd ask. I've got 8-10 week old chicks of different breeds and one older/larger one who is a rooster. I need to get rid of a few, and wasn't sure which ones to get rid of. We are wanting hens.we have 20 total, including the older colorful roo. I just took these Su day, but let me know if I need better pictures and ill go outback and try to take some more. Thanks [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
  3. bethstarcher

Jul 5, 2016
    Thanks! Do you know how to post? I couldn't figure out how to anywhere else on the site...I'm not very tech savy...lol

4. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 23, 2013
    Hilo, HI
    Go to the Forum tab where the arrow is, linger on it and a row of other selections will come out. Move down to Chicken Breeds, another list will pop up to the side. Move over to What Breeder of Gender Is This? and click on it. You got a great selection to choose from.

5. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    If you click on the link I left you in my previous post this will take you straight to the what breed gender section. Look for start a new thread and click :D

Are you viewing on mobile or desktop version of BYC?

6. bethstarcher

Jul 5, 2016
    On my phone. I went out and took a bunch of pictures this afternoon and tried to add them, but I must not have done it right

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You really need better pictures Beth. All we can see is their color and their backs. They have their heads down, we can't see any breed characteristics. It would be best to have individual pictures, one from the front showing head, comb, etc. and one of each bird standing profile.

8. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Click on forum and select what breed gender and look for the tab circled in red below. Or click on the link I left in other post for the what breed gender section and look for a start a new thread.
    [​IMG]
    Start a new thread.
    [​IMG]
    Mountain and moon box.
    [​IMG]
    Upload from device.
    [​IMG]

If you can't upload like this you may need to switch to desktop, you can do this at the bottom of any page.

9. bethstarcher

Jul 5, 2016
    I took some more pictures earlier and started a new thread in the gender forum.

10. Kyanite

Kyanite Loving Life! Premium Member

May 27, 2016
    SE Idaho
    Hi, welcome to BYC! That red color on the chicken in the middle is beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by