Help with breed and sex please, found it in the yard.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by theminisandi, Sep 11, 2016.

1. theminisandi

theminisandi Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2016
    My daughter found this little cutie in the front yard (we live in the city), very strange, I asked our close neibors if it was theirs and they all said no. I have 3 pullets and a coop for them so I don't mind keeping it if it is a pullet too, since I'm already set up for her. I think it is a pullet and an easter egger. I am not sure since I am new to having chickens. Any help would be great. When we founderstand the chick it was not hurt and it took us a good 30 min to catch it, I was afraid it would die if we didn't get it as I live on a busy street. [​IMG]

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Way to young to know sex, looks like a young Gamefowl.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Easter egger is a pretty good guess, with that coloring and the willow green legs. Looks like maybe a pea comb, also?

Too early to be sure on gender, though. Looks maybe 4ish weeks old. Post again in 2-3 weeks, should have a good idea of gender then.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    I agree, and the bird is lacking a beard and muffs so it could not be an EE

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    There have been tons of clean faced EE on this board the last few years---pretty blue or green eggs, not a beard or muff in sight.

7. americanchicks

americanchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    Auburn, wa
    Looks like an EE. Glad you found it before something else did. I had an EE that laid the most beautiful sky blue eggs, no beard or muff at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by