1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help with breed colors of these birds?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Smokin Silkies, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Smokin Silkies

Smokin Silkies formerly browneyebuttafly

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    I know the basic colors black white lavender, splash, blue but not sure what these guys would be? Any help would be appreciated because I need to find them homes and would like to know what color to call them. thanks!!! btw: they are not pure i don't think. They are about 5 months old

[​IMG]
    This is my Bantam Cochin Rooster, I have two of them but they look almost identical

[​IMG]
    This is my Silkie mix (Cochin maybe?) Roo, he is also Frizzle

[​IMG]
    This is another Silkie mix Frizzle Pullet that I got with the one above so I'm assuming she's mixed with the same. She kind of looks like she would be 'blue' maybe?

[​IMG]
    Ok now this is my Splash Silkie mix Roo. The question I have is What's that brown coloring in him? Is that because he was probably mixed with something else or do some splash birds have that??

Thanks so much for your help and if I have this posted in the wrong section, I apologize! [​IMG]

2. Keri78

Keri78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2009
    NJ
    Don't know what color he is??? BUT I REALLY LIKE Him!!![​IMG] Wish you were closer![​IMG] What am I saying I already have too many roos![​IMG]

3. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:The first pic is Crele and just say the others are crosses and say what the crosses are. There aren't any colors for those besides the crele.

4. tadkerson

tadkerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Missouri
    The first two roosters are close to barred brown red or pseudo (false) barred brown red.

The others are no particular color variety.

Tim

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by