Help with Breed & Gender

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ClucksnDucksMI, Nov 10, 2013.

1. ClucksnDucksMI

ClucksnDucksMI Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    Looking for some help on breed identification and/or gender. I purchased these cuties as a "rainbow layer" package from McMurray's Hatchery in September. All are supposed to be females, but I have seen how that goes sometimes :) Anyway, any help is much appreciated. Thank you! Sorry, these are the best I could get!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    1 and 2 are silver laced wyandottes
    3,4,and5 are easter eggers and are pullets

1 person likes this.
  3. ClucksnDucksMI

Nov 3, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    Thank you! - How do you know they are pullets? Sorry, just learning :)

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Males are colored differently. The pullets have a more uniform color white males have a patchy coloring and usually have red in the shoulder area (plus I have a lot of experience with the breed). And just to clarify I was only saying the easter eggers are pullets

1 person likes this.
  5. ClucksnDucksMI

Nov 3, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    Thank you so much for your help, I greatly appreciate it. I am enjoying the EE so much. I will have to go google some EE cockerels to learn how to identify them.

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    EEs are the easiest chikens for me to sex, you just have to learn the patterns, these could of been sexed at probably 8weeks

7. ClucksnDucksMI

Nov 3, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    Trying to find some pictures of cockerels so I can see the difference of the red markings. I have found a few, but think I need to see one in real life at the age mine are. Of course, I'm brand new at this. Now, give me anything to do with Equines, and I can help out LOL. Once again, thanks again!

8. Shannys Girls

Shannys Girls Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2013
    South Texas Coast
    I need help finding out what this is. Will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. Pretty sure it's a male. Ideal Poultry put 7 of them in with my girls for shipping. Please tag me in your response. [​IMG]

9. TShelton54

TShelton54 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2012
    Dickson Tn.
    Looks like White leghorn (or hybrids of ) males or possibly males from the red or gold sex links.

10. ClucksnDucksMI

Nov 3, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    Here is one of my EE - After much studying, I am guessing a roo? Lol, I'll get it one day! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by