help with breeding easter egger sex links!! [pic]

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ACraZyLittLeChiCkenGirl, Apr 4, 2011.

1. ACraZyLittLeChiCkenGirl

ACraZyLittLeChiCkenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    Pinnacle, NC
    hey guys I was wanting to know If I used my rooster with a Barred Rock hen like we disscussed earlier!! I really love hatching eggs and if I can tell whats what then it would be possible for me to hatch and sell at a young age!
    [​IMG]
    this is my rooster so tell me what ya think!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  2. ACraZyLittLeChiCkenGirl

Nov 10, 2009
    Pinnacle, NC
    what i need to know is if my rooster will hatch solid black pullets and black roos with spots on their heads.

3. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    You might get better answers posting this on the breeds/genetics/showing board. I think the majority on this board are relatively new to chicken keeping.

4. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Use the search button and type in "breeding sex links" and I am sure you will find a bunch of post on this subject. I think you need a RIR and barred rock females. I don't think you can use an EE to breed sex-links since an EE is a mutt and you don't know what genes it carries. Even with sex links the roosters will more then likely end up as someones dinner and sex links will not breed true in the next generation.

5. ACraZyLittLeChiCkenGirl

Nov 10, 2009
    Pinnacle, NC
    well someone on here told me if I bred my ee with a BR that I would get solid black pullets and black roos with white dots on there heads

6. schellie69

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    I am not sure but I do know that EE's do not breed true. I think if you do the search and find the posts about people who have breed sex links there are only certain breeds that it works with. There are a bunch of post on this subject might just be easier to do the search.
    Here is a great post about sex links hope this helps
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=261208

7. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
  8. ACraZyLittLeChiCkenGirl

Nov 10, 2009
    Pinnacle, NC
    I have a silver roo and I have red hens. can I make sexlinks with him with my RIR or with any other type of hen? [​IMG]

9. schellie69

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
  10. ACraZyLittLeChiCkenGirl

Nov 10, 2009
    Pinnacle, NC
    I did and it didnt... lol... dont know what silver is... cant someone just tell me if he could produce sexlinked chicks?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by