Help with Button Quail colors! *update* 2 weeks old! NEW PICS!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by austin12895, Aug 3, 2011.

1. austin12895

austin12895 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2009
    Reedsville, WI
    Need help with the colors of my new babies! Im only sure of one of my buttons and that is my little tuxedo named penguin! [​IMG]

This is all/most of the babies. there should be 9
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This I the only baby like this... hes pretty dark but not as dark as the pictures of blue faces that ive seen. He really doesnt have any stripes either.
    [​IMG]

I have two of these. their bodies are dark( but not very dark) with yellow stripes.
    [​IMG]

I also have two of these they are they same color as the one pictured above but with orange stripes
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This picture show the differnece between the ones with yellow stripes and orange stipes
    [​IMG]

I also have two of these. They are yellow with very faint stripes.
    [​IMG]

And last I have one of these. He is very yellow but has a dark spot on his but/back
    [​IMG]

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Are those my grandbabies??? So adorable! the last one should be a red breasted if there is a splotch on the head and rump (and a female), I see cinnamons, silver, even that tuxedo [​IMG] so adorable! The really dark one is a blue face. Probably double factor since the parents are doubles.

3. austin12895

May 17, 2009
    Reedsville, WI
    Yes Ma'am [​IMG] Which ones are the cinnamons and wich ones are the silvers? lol!

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quail Lady is much better at colors then I am...they're so cute! [​IMG] Your Black Tuxedo bumble bee is super cute! [​IMG] I have one Black Tuxedo/Pied female, Angela. She is such a doll. If I look at any more cute bumble bee pictures I may have to set some of Fredia and Angela's eggs!

~ Aspen

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    [​IMG]

6. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I believe the light striped ones are some golden pearls because I know I sent you some from those pairs [​IMG]

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    The dark one does not look like a blue face. I've had some hatch like that and I believe they turned out to be cinnamon pearls.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. austin12895

May 17, 2009
    Reedsville, WI
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quail Lady is much better at colors then I am...they're so cute! [​IMG] Your Black Tuxedo bumble bee is super cute! [​IMG] I have one Black Tuxedo/Pied female, Angela. She is such a doll. If I look at any more cute bumble bee pictures I may have to set some of Fredia and Angela's eggs!

~ Aspen

Thank you! little Penguin Is prolly my favorite colored out of this bunch! hes just so cute haha!​

9. austin12895

May 17, 2009
    Reedsville, WI
    Im pretty sure I have two golden pearls, Two cinnamons, and two silvers. Correct me if im wrong but from wut everyone is saying and Zebrafinch.com that looks to be about right. plus the Tuxedo and the one that has the blak butt. Still not 100% on the little dark one.

10. austin12895

May 17, 2009
    Reedsville, WI
    So its been two weeks and i thought id post some more pics of them. I only Have 5 now as I have rehomed the other 4.

This is penguin. Im positive hes a boy beasue he has red ven feathers.
    [​IMG]

This is Puffin. THis is the one that we thought would be a Red breast, she turned into a Tuxedo! [​IMG] Im gonna guess this is a girl. no red vent feathers, yet. im hoping its a she. Does anyone know what color tuxedo she will eventually be?
    [​IMG]

This is the two tuxs together. i have them paired off for now, unless puffin shows signs of being a boy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is The two of the lighter chicks (not sure if its the yellow striped or orange striped) I know the one on the left is a roo and im hoping the one on the right is a hen, again she has no red vent feathers yet. cinnamins??
    [​IMG]

This is that little dark chick that that we were stumped about. anybody got ideas?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by