Help with Californians and New Zealands

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by jmf_srf, Jul 27, 2011.

1. jmf_srf

jmf_srf Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2011
    East Tennessee
    Hello all, I have some californian and new zealand rabbits but they are all unregistered and I was trying to find someone around here (east tn) who sells some registered stock. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

2. SueSteeves

SueSteeves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Got this from the Cal Rabbit Specialty Club website:

Humphries, Josh

(2/12)

12212 Dolly Pond Road

Birchwood, TN 37308

423-364-3065

Email: [email protected]

and ARBA website:

Suzie Q Rosenbalm Knoxville,

TN Flemish Giant, Mini Lop, Mini Rex, Netherland Dwarf, New Zealand www.oldmillroadfarm.webs.com [email protected] 865-207-6333

Hope that helps!!!!! Good luck.

Also, try a rabbit show?

Jim Thompson Jr Antioch, TN New Zealand [email protected] 615-977-3371

3. CYGChickies

CYGChickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    I'm in Southeast Missouri and desperately seeking RED New Zealand rabbits! Californias and White New Zealand rabbits everywhere here! Does anyone know where I can find any Reds? Thanks!!

CYG

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

5. SueSteeves

Mar 18, 2010
    Southern California
  6. CYGChickies

Jun 13, 2011
    The New Zealand Rabbit Club has no Missouri breeders. I've tried the ARBA site before but maybe I'll find someone this time. Thanks everybody!

CYG

7. SueSteeves

Mar 18, 2010
    Southern California
    CYGChickies: I know many people who have had to go out of state to get quality/registered stock....just part of the rabbit biz. Maybe wait till there is a big show near you and maybe some out of state people will bring the rabbits to you?

8. CYGChickies

Jun 13, 2011
    I'm willing to go out of state but as of now 8 hours is the shortest distance to a red breeder I've found. My buck isn't registered and I'm getting a pair--supposedly--of pedigreed reds from someone when she breeds in September but I'd like to produce some meat rabbits before next year lol. The search continues fairly optimistically!

CYG

9. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Quote:If they are pedigree buns you can get them registered as an ARBA member. If not pedigree, yet purebreds, you can breed 3 generations and then also get them registered. Thought it mention worthy in case you have a hard time finding what you want.

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Do you ever attend rabbit shows? I found another breeder of french angoras nearby that is not listed at the arba site. In fact, we are not listed there, even though we are members.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by