Help with call duck hatching

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tamsflock, Mar 2, 2009.

1. tamsflock

tamsflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    I am hatching call ducks started yesterday the first one zipped around but didn't pop the top off the egg. So I took it off and he came out fine. Next one went half way and stopped I fineshed took off the top and he popped out an hour later. Noticed the 3rd one just had his original hole didn't get any further listened didn't hear anything so I helped but he was dead maybe if I would have helped earlier?? fourth one had zipped around last night I took the top off again get up this morning and he still isn't all the way out noticed his little wing was stuck to the side of the shell so I helped but he still didn't come out. tried to cut shell but it started to bleed so I stopped. noticed like the egg yolk wasn inside his naval yet still a big yellowish bump in the egg shell left him alone will it go in? Will he be ok? What to do??

2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I would definately leave him alone. Maybe lightly misting (very lightly) so they don't get too dry and stick to shell. Try not to help too much.

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

4. tamsflock

tamsflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    Thank you for the help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by